Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 1 April 4, 2012

Starting our first day of vacation in the wee hours of the morning, I woke up to get read at 3:15. Windy and her cousin Anthony came and picked me up around 4 and we were leaving Ridgecrest by 4:30. It was quite a feat considering I am not a morning person. So as I looked out the window at the moon and black night sky, I repeated, "No one should be awake at this hour." The drive down was filled with laughter and talking and we only ran into a little bit of traffic. Reaching the airport before 8, Windy and I had plenty of time to check in, go through security, and relax before the flight. Unfortunately, our seats were across the plane from each other and both middle seats, but we made the best of it. As I sat in my seat, the man in front of me wrapped up a phone conversation about someone's sister saying things like, "conniving is a good word" and "perpetually enraged" ending with, "she was like a vampire." Windy was walking by my seat to board at that moment and we looked at each other holding back laughter. At the beginning of our flight I spoke to the lady on my left, who lives in Virginia and said her favorite thing to do in DC was eat. Eating is my favorite hobby, however in DC I think there is plenty more to do. I saved the soda from pouring onto my other neighbor and the rest of my flight we kept to ourselves. Windy's seat mate was an awesome guy, who had been in the military and now teaches martial arts.

Upon reaching Dulles, Aunt Pam picked us up at the baggage claim. Although we were standing approximately six feet from her for a while, Windy was the one to point her out. We headed to Harris Teeter's to get the fixings for spaghetti and some breakfast foods. Neither Windy nor I could quit commenting about how green everything was. Once we were home, Aunt Pam made dinner in her single person kitchen. Pam's office is doing a challenge called Get Moving and she has to exercise each day to earn points for her team. To begin our exercise we walked to Ballston metro station and Pam gave us Metro 101 so we would be prepared for the next day of touring. Then we accompanied her on a walk around the neighborhood and down to Sandra Bullock's high school track for an hour. We had no problem falling asleep that night having only got 3 hours of sleep the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment